General Information About Skyhead
Thank you for choosing/purchasing our theme. We are happy that you are one of our customers and we assure you won't be disappointed as well. We do our best to produce top notch themes with great functionality, premium designs and human readable code. Before you get started we highly encourage you to get familiar with this documentation file. Spending half an hour reading the manual may save lot's of your time and avoid questions with obvious answers.
We also recommend to check our Knowledgebase and FAQ pages
If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to post your questions on our support forum.
PLEASE NOTICE! Our support covers getting setup, trouble using any features, and any bug fixes that may arise. Unfortunately we cannot provide support for customizations or 3rd party plugins for free. If you need help with customizations of your theme then you should enlist the help of our professional team.
To use this theme you must have Wordpress installed. We assume you have a working version of WordPress already up and running.
How to install WordPress - A tutorial on how to install WordPress on your hosted domain.
We also encourage you to actively use the links below. These useful resources cover most of general WordPress questions you may have:
- Wordpress FAQ - Information and resources about WordPress including history, features, semantics, glossary, and information to help you determine whether or not WordPress is the blogging tool for you.
- Wordpress Lessons - Great source of knowledge for WordPress beginners
- PHP Function References - Detailed information on WordPress PHP functions and usage examples
To use this theme you must be running WordPress 4.0+ or higher, PHP5 or higher, and mysql 5 or higher. Please contact your web hosting service provider to be sure your server complies with the requirements above. To safeguard your website always use secure passwords and the latest version of Wordpress and plugins.
Be sure to check php upload_max_filesize and post_max_size is 32M or higher. If you are running shared web hosting you should contact your web hosting service provider to find more information about that. If you are running unmanaged dedicated server or VPS you should check your php.ini file. Alternatively you can edit .htaccess file in the root of your website and add the following values:
php_value post_max_size 32M
php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
Setting these values will ensure you wont get an error reporting that your upload and post memmory limit is too low.
You can install the theme in two ways: via FTP:
- Log into your web server with FTP client software
- Unzip the skyhead.X.X.X.zip(X denotes version no) file
- Upload the extracted theme folder into /wp-content/themes folder
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate it.
- Login to admin panel.
- Go to Appearance - Themes and click on the Add New button.
- Choose Upload theme option. Click on Browse...(Choose file in Safari/Chrome), select the "skyhead.X.X.X.zip" (X denotes version no) and click in Install Now button.
- After successfull installation click on Activate or go to Appearance - Themes and click on Activate to activate the newly installed theme.
IMPORTANT: Before you go ahead with the update please check theme changelog and make sure you backup your old theme folder. Download it to your computer locally.
It is the best practice to backup both your files and database regulary and especially before making some serious updates. We recommend using free backup plugins for WordPress like WPOnlineBackup
Note that this is not a mandatory step. You should only do it if you want to import all the content from our demo site. It won't affect your existing content.
Go to your admin area then Tools > Import > WordPress and select the demo content file.
Setting a static front page
Setting a static front page allows you to add static content on your homepage. This is what you want to do in case you don't want to show only your latest posts on your homepage.
To create the static front page, go to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Create a Front Page: In Pages choose Add New Page.
- Title it “Home”.
- Publish the Page.
- Goto Customizing > Static Front Page and
- Static Front Page: If using as a blog Choose your latest post under Front page display(it only displays blog) Otherwise,
- Select A Static Page and under that please select the page you've just created
- Click Save and Publish
We've used Wordpress Default menu options to add Social icons. If you're familiar with "WORDPRESS" menu options then its relatively easy task for you.
To create a custom menu is actually really simple.
1. Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
2. From the 'Appearance' menu on the left-hand side of the Dashboard, select the 'Menus' option to bring up the Menu Editor.
3. Select Create a new menu at the top of the page
4. Enter a name for your new menu in the Menu Name box
5. Click the Create Menu button.
After the menu has been created You've to add social site URL and Link Text from Custom Links sections and click OK:
Note: Step no.3,4,5,6 is important. Also as on point no.5, you've to select Social Menu before you click save changes.
Important: [Point no.3] Please add full URL (e.g http://www.facebook.com/username) for site URL on Custom Links sections.
To Enable/Disable Social icon from footer Go to
Customizing ▸ Theme Options ▸ Footer Options
This section discloses the sources of various files used within the theme and describes their function. Use this section to gain an understanding on how the theme functions behind the scenes if considering any type of modification.
Roboto (non standard)
All images are copyrighted to their respective owners and not available for download with this theme.
Once again, thank you so much for choosing/purchasing our theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via our user page contact form